Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blame it on the Rain (and an inadvertant ghost story)







I've had a few setups ready to go, but the weather has not been cooperating. That coupled with the fact that I'm far too lazy to drag a lamp across the room to provide sufficient illumination means . . . no dollhouse photography. I took a few photos over the weekend, but wasn't crazy about how they turned out so kept on meaning to take a few more. Then this morning after I woke up, worked out and showered, I stepped out of our bedroom to realize that the shy sun was peeking around the clouds after three straight days of grey. Yippee!

This is a room I designed originally for blue-eyed Kokoro, but Rui liked the room so much, she came out of her blister packaging to check it out. Now they *both* think that it's their own room and can't figure out why their stuff keeps on being moved around when they are not home.



"Hm. . . Someone's been sleeping in my bed," mused Kokoro, "and resetting my alarm clock!"



"Someone's been eating my Pocky sticks," cried Rui, "and watching Susan Boyle on my laptop!"



"Is somebody there??!!" they both gasped.

Credits:

White sofa is Bozart Kaleidoscope House.
Tiger stripe wood platform bed in its previous life was a rather striking soapdish. Husband at Bed Bath & Beyond: "That's not a soapdish, that's a bed!" Ah, I have him well trained now. . .
Flooring is more of that lovely Lama Li bark paper.
Wall art consists of a Frank Lloyd Wright bookmark and brooch, respectively.
Assorted accessories from Re-ment, AG Minis, Voila, Plan Toys, DHE, etsy and ebay.

8 comments:

  1. Those mini Pocky sticks are hilarious! I'd love to get some, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy!

    Even better, the mini "Pocky" are actually called "Sticky" brand crackers. Too funny!

    The Sticky are included in Set #6 of a Re-ment set called "School Life" or "Primary School" (I've seen it called both). If you do an ebay search for Re-ment and school, you should be able to find it.

    As with most Re-ment, they are a touch big for 1:12 scale, but I couldn't resist. Then again, I've also seen those giant boxes of Pocky sticks at the supermarket . . .

    Hope this helps!
    -a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funniest ghost story I've read, poor Rui and Kokoro!
    Kudos to husband (and his trainer):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story and the girls in this scene -- awesome! I also love the wallpaper behind the couch -- is that from Kate's Paperie? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pubdoll -

    I agree, Husband's training is coming along nicely! =P

    callsmall - good eye! my bad for not crediting it. The wallpaper was also from Kate's, it's Lama Li paper called "urban metallic".

    -a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice room, indeed. I would like to see the bed without beddings.....

    Oese

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the Kaleidoscope sofa in the nook...genius & unique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks studioseven,

    To be honest, I've tried most of my large pieces of furniture in the nook, tables, closets, chairs, beds . . . like trying to find Cinderella with her glass slipper!

    -a

    ReplyDelete