Friday, January 15, 2010

Curious absence and a deal on a House

I know, I dropped of the face of the blogosphere with nary an explanation. At first, it was just the crush of three-ish crazy months of work. I would look longingly at my houses, and even set up a few rooms, but I never had enough time to myself to actually get around to photographing (much less blogging) the new rooms.


And then . . . i got news. The sort that tells you you are going to be really REALLY busy say . . . in like nine months time.


As glee (mingled with trepidation) turned to reality, my better half and I had to admit that our "play" room, filled with my houses and his massive collection of urban vinyl and even MORE massive collection of sneakers, would have to make way for more demanding tenants.


So, I've really been dreading writing this, but over a very long painful weekend, husband and I packed up everything (ok, I salvaged one or two pinky girls for a bookshelf) and sent it to my parents' house, where everything waits until we buy our own home. One that's not an apartment, and has more than two bedrooms and some space for a cat.


I've had so much fun with this blog and the world of modern mini fans out there, and still a bit sad that it came to an abrupt (but not entirely unexpected) temporary end.


Lest you think my mini instincts have completely dissappeared, instead of looking at real suburban houses, I snagged one of the Green Dollhouses by Plan Toys that MiniModern featured. It's currently on sale at the Land of Nod here, for $114 including furniture. If you poke around, you should be able to find a free shipping code somewhere too.

I begged and pleaded with husband, who didn't see the point of buying something we don't have space to set up. I argued that it was an investment. And it was for erm . . well . . for someone ELSE. And well, since he couldn't really stop my mouse clicking, I bought it. It'll go straight aways into storage, but I'm glad I managed to sneak in one last dollhouse purchase. (i swear, husband, honest!) If you've always wanted one of these houses, hurry! There appear to be limited quantities available.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your personal new mini project to be complete in 9 months! I have enjoyed your blog so much.
    It is heaven playing with your doll houses with a small chid too.
    Once I held a new little bisque antique doll in front of my granddughter when she just began talking and she said in awe, "I LOVE HER".
    Babies are the best dolls ever! xoxo CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, and congrats! I'd say you had a pretty good excuse :) Hope you'll consider doing some scenes once you are settled in a home. I need to resist this tempting bargain of a house, but thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back! i've had my suspicions, that this was what kept you away from blogging... congratulations! i'm so happy for you and wish you all the best - hopefully we will hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altera, I was so pleased to see a new post from you. It was hard for me to translate - so many special expressions, a really challenge, even for the google-translator - but now I've got it and I am pleased with the news you gave us too.
    Congrats! I'm happy for you too. I had a look at the Green House and there was said: Age: 3 and up!
    So it is perfect for you all!
    I'm hopefully waiting for more pics and news from you, perhaps even in 2010? Good luck with finding a new house, you can ask Carol M., she is experienced with searching new homes ;-)
    All the best to you three and
    regards from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations with the coming mini addition to your family! I had wondered what had happened to you, and so great it was because of such a joyeous reason you had stopped blogging! Best of luck with the coming little one and hope to see more of your scenes when you're able too play a bit again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Yes, I think we all knew a baby was on the way. The last post you left on my blog confirmed it for me. I've been checking this site for the official announcement. Dare I play the devil and say that you might want to look for a dollhouse that you can hang on the wall...And I'm sure there's a single drawer in your house that could hold on to just a few items for miniature play...Smiles. Truthfully, I think any free time you get over the coming months will probably be spent on other endeavors. Welcome to the land of Motherhood, population = crazy. I would advise that you keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times but there's really no fun in that. Chuckles. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. update it is now for sale for 99.00 still including furniture if anyone is interested. and let me just mention this blog is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated congrats!! I have two under three, so I disappear from the blogosphere often, but am now finding more time for it. We also rent a 2 bedroom. My K House lives on top of our dresser, next to the crib in our room. It will probably encourage our daughter to climb out. Best of luck with your latest miniature endeavor, and I hope when you find a bigger place you'll be able to share all of your great scenes again. I mean hey, it's not like we're going anywhere. :D

    ReplyDelete